I have a new job. I’m going to be working at a small startup developing a recruitment website called www.peopleperhour.com. I’m very excited! It certainly ticks the boxes in terms of things I wanted from my next job:
- Must have:
- At the bare minimum, at least 50% of my time should be spent coding. Yes, they use agile development with minimal documentation.
- Comparable salary to Amadeus. Yes.
- Some involvement with Linux. Yes, the servers are running RedHat.
- No long periods of time away from home. OK – No travelling.
- Reasonable commute time (would be good if it involved some exercise, e.g. cycling). Borderline – I estimate 80 minutes but the train journey from Reading to Paddington is only 30 minutes so the rest should be exercise.
- Not too much legacy software. I.e. No TPF or the like. Yes.
- Good to have:
- Five weeks holiday per year + Not too ridiculous hours + hardly any weekends. No – This project is going to be hardcore. 🙂
- Some involvement with open-source software – perhaps the opportunity to work on a open-source project? I think so – They certainly use a predominantly open-source tool chain.
- Some kind of cover to hide behind between the end-users and me. I think so.
- Able to wear casual clothing. Yes.
2 responses to “New Job at PeoplePerHour.com (11/Nov/08)”
[…] my last week before starting my new job we laid our dining room wood […]
Hope it goes well!